Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Water Fast Day 4


Again I walked some, not as far (1 mile).  The temperature was about the same as yesterday with moderate sun.  I walked mostly through the fields and woods near our home.  The woods were beautiful with high extremely tall pines and large hardwoods.  Strolling through the trees with rays of sun bringing freshness to the moist forest below made the walk light heart as compared to yesterday on the city sidewalks.  I was weak today, but kept up a slow pace enjoying periods of meditation and breathing in the fresh moist cool air.


Each day since the start of this fast, I have been rereading parts of Dr. Joel Fuhrman's two books: Fasting and Eating for Health and also Eat to Live.  I have gone over several sections about fasting procedures, what to expect, lengths, cautions and other areas of interests to better understand the fast.  I am thinking that I may want to conclude this fast at the minimun plan of 14 days, unless I feel 100% ok, then I might add a few days.  Not having a doctor's supervision, makes me more cautious about a longer fast.  I may at anytime, from awareness of how I am doing & feeling, decide to end this fast, not making my mark of at least 14 days.  Safety is paramount.  So far, I have felt weak at times, which is part of fasting.  If I didn't do all the walking that I have, I wouldn't feel this weakness.  It is just that I want more out of this fast than the last one.   In my last fast in March of 2012, I didn't do any exercise, just rested the whole time.  I felt great the whole fast.   I don't really like fasting, but realize that it is a tool for better health and to get a handle on your weight & stamina as well.  In a few years, I may have a maintance water fast to get rid of harmful collections of toxins in my body; which comes from our polluted environment and modern lifestyle.  There is no reason to allow a build-up of toxins in the body.  The human body is designed to remove these, so one should do it.  If you maintain a healthy body, when you have lived a full and long life, you will most likely past away gently in your sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment