Saturday, January 12, 2013

Water Fast Day 6


This was a rough day again.  My stomach has now become upset with some pounding or faster & louder than normal heart beats.  I had diarrhea at night.  I was considering to stop the fast.  I woke up around 4:00 A.M. on Day 7 with the same feelings.  The very successful 11 day water fast that I had about 10 months ago was uneventful and actually comfortable.  This one has shown a lot of problems.  Water fasting has nothing to do with will power.  This entire fast and my diet is about common sense and doing the right thing.  The troubles within this fast shows that I am not to trust going any further with it.  It is now considered perhaps dangerous and just wrong.  I should be feeling as comfortable as my successful one last year.  I am sure there has been some good done fasting this fime.  I will wait a long time before trying again.  My weight, strength and overall health will have to be dealt with the more old fashion way, with care and effort according to the knowledge that I have acquired through Dr. Joel Fuhrman and much reading and personal experiences.


I stopped the fast at 4:30 A.M. this morning.  I used about 20 oz. of V-8 juice and some water to break the fast.  I felt immediate changes inside with my heart acting more normal.  Since the fast was so short, I don’t need the 4 day long adjustment period  to get back to regular eating.  I will take it slow and try to eat close to 100% the Eat to Live diet.  There are many factors in the failure of this water fast.  One big one has been the difficulty of dealing with extremely misbehaving 2 year old and  almost 7 year old sons of mine.  I have been stressed out with their conduct.  They need my attention.  This has altered my relax state considerably.  Another problem has been my failure to stay relax and not work or do regular exercises.  I walked as much as I did before fasting, even doing some short runnings.  I thought that I could get by with it and improve my health even more.  A mistake.  When the doctor says relax, he has his reasons and it should be respected.  Water fasting is a little boring to just relax, but it has to be done right to be successful.  Next time, relaxation will be paramount.  I get play simple games, like online ones, read books, watch TV and etc.

I will just go from here, taking what ever I have and forward with my own efforts in health improvements.

Here are the final facts and figures coming out of this Water Fast:

Water Fast start:

my weight: 214 lb
my blood pressure: 132 over 88 at 76 heart beats per minute.
how I felt at the start: little weak, fat, low morale and tired

 Day #     Weight        Blood pressure      Activity                           Felt _________                
 
214 lb. 132/88:76 walked 3 miles fine, a little weak.
209.5 lb. 123/72:71 rested the day weak.
207 lb. 132/781:86 walked 3 miles ok
203 lb. 123/68:83 walked 1 mile weak.
202 lb. 122/68:92 moderate work at farm weak, but fine.
200 lb. 104/65:91 hard work at the farm stomach upset
197.5 lb. 115/72:84 --Very rough sleep -- little diarrhea, discomforts


Like always it is good to stop fasting and return to family life, getting back to regular living again.  I may have gained a few things.  My blood pressure is most likely better.  My weight is also.  My wife says my face looks thinner.  I expelled a lot of fats and other not very good stuff from my body.  It is better to gain a little than to do harm.  One of the best things to come away with is respect for the doctor’s advise about just being relaxed and not working.  One contributing factor to stress at this time of the year is the lack of money.  It is hard to deal with this and be relaxed.  I got some benefit and now do the rest on my own.  I will love to get back to work and some running again, maybe clean up the weight lifting room some.

I will try to continue in Healthrevelations in the near future, after I recover a little from this experience.  May God bless you and keep you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment